09 October 2008

Gimme coffee, or give me death

T has taken up swimming. It's a really nice swim-school (Foss), conveniently in the same shopping mall as TJ Mexx, in a little class of two other boys. She's swimming under water, and flipping on her back pretending to be a star-fish. We're very proud.

I have finally found a decent coffee house - called the Depot (in case you're ever in the neighborhood - oh look, I've just dropped an 'o'). They play Barb (as in Dylan, as he lived just up the road) and do a real genuine bagel. And good coffee! And they also have The Onion every Thursday which I am currently using for research into American mores (plus it is hysterically, snorting-coffee-out-your-nose funny). I think it is also web-enabled.

Fresh Seasons Market just round the corner is an excellent supermarket. Even has Branston Pickle and Lea& Perrins (two storecupboard stand-by I always have, yet for some strange reason, never actually use. I think I find the labels comforting). The manager immediately recognised I was out-of-town and came and introduced himself, then aftrerwards tracked me down in condiments and gave me a bottle of Garlic Marinade as a welcome-to-the neighbourhood (ah, the 'u' is back again) gift.

As an addendum to the McCain poster-thing - I noticed today all the McCain&Palin posters on people's lawns have been replaced with Another Family for McCain (where Another and Family are written really small, so it reads "Family McCain"). As this was done under cover of darkness, does it mean that he is trying to distance himself from the backcombed-one?

No comments: