17 October 2008

Brrrrr!

It's definately working its way up to winter now. Like a petulant child, the weather has shrugged off any warmth and thrown all the leaves to one side. I will now officially turn on the heating ("What?!! Before the 1st November? Are you mad?!?").

Today the gardening man came round to sum up mowing once a fortnight (though normally it's weekly because of all the reticulation no-one actually needs), clearing up and weeding. From November to March he stops his weeding and turns to clearing snow off drive-ways ("whilst you sleep"). I have a sneaky suspicion bridgjo will want to tackle all of this himself, but I really can't see him sticking at it. He claimed he did the mowing in Geneva - no. I did the mowing. You would turn up at 5pm and say "Let me just do this last bit for you". Creepy though it sounds, I think I rather like the idea of someone doing stuff for me whilst I sleep.

I met my official new best friend testerday. She's an English person who's been forced to come round and meet me via someone else from school ("oh you must meet up for a coffee" - from which I inferred "I have no intention of having a coffee with you, but I have a distant desperate acquaintance who might").

Anyhow, she seems nice....although I think it was a bit of a test as she picked up her crying 2.5 year-old and started to feed him. Ummm. (I've sort of always been of the opinion "if they are old enough to ask.....").

No comments: