12 September 2008

Where are my Knickers?

We arrived at the hotel yesterday, aiming to spend the night there and then move into the house this morning. The cable was booked for 10. Furniture was being delivered between 9 and 11. So we popped round to check it all out. And found it hadn't actually been cleaned. Seemingly ever (they had had a rather furry husky-type beast). Not keen on cleaning out someone else's fridge when only 24 hrs previously I had cleaned out my own thinking "God, if I moved here, I'd think this was pretty disgusting...". JB told me that there weren't gutters at all, "but just a run-off, see"...but it turns out that they are in fact gutters, but have turned into run-offs, see.

So we have holed ourselves up in the hotel until Tuesday now, trying to have everything rescheduled, which isn't easy as the TV needs to be there before the cable man (why wouldn't he have a min TV to test with?), and the furntiure after the cleaner, and the cleaner following the carpet-cleaner.

I'M NOT COMING OUT! And I'll be blowed if I can find out where I've put all my knickers....

No comments: