09 September 2008

Doomsday Approacheth

Whilst the world's eyes rest bewildered on Geneva and potential black-holes, we are more concerned that we have had to eat spaghetti and Dolmio sauce for the second night in a row. Although tonight we did have strawberry tarts too.

B went out for a walk and just felt as if he was in a foreign country...lots of bars, places and streets he doesn't recognise, and even managed to get lost. He also crept into McDo for a clandestine cheeseburger. Humph, Dolmio not good enough for you, huh?

I spent the day avoiding the cleaning, by meeting lots of people for coffee, and wandering about Troinex completely convinced that I will spy my lost wallet out of the corner of my eye (at which point I will smile to myslef and say "Oh, of course, now I remember...").

I have said good-bye to my neighbour and exchanged e-mail addresses. She said I was very nice (a very high Swiss compliment), and could she have my olive tree?

Tomorrow we will be cementing our relationship by cleaning the house together (with some extra help in the afternoon from the Troinex Ladies Cleaning Army).

I wept as I mowed the lawn.

No comments: