17 September 2008

Home Sweet Home

We have finally moved into our house (it smells like an old person's home), in Minnetonka.

The weather is brilliant - freezing cold mornings and baking afternoons. I've spent up at Super-Target....all the supermarkets here are great....I feel as if I've come from a third-world country, and just stand in the aisles gawping at the choice.

I tried to ring Australia last night for work, and misdialled as I didn't know the international code AND A REAL WOMAN CAME ON THE PHONE!!!! It was like TV - "hello, this is the operator, which number do you require?".

I did my theory driving test today...a bit of a cheat, as bridgjo did his first (and did all the studying), and, we were told you can only do the test once a day, as they only change the questions each day...so I asked him the Qs and went in the affie - tee hee. Been doing loads of driving since I got here. Think I'll do one of those driving in the snow courses agin. I did one in England, and the bloke kept throwing inflatable sheep at my car so I'd swerve on the oil.

Now got cable (no TeeVo yet), and a phone, and internet. And a funny smell in the basement.

Bridgjo came home at lunch-time and we both ran upstairs and in and out of the house, as we kept hearing this banging sound, seemingly really close. When the cable bloke came in he told us it was the ice-machine on the fridge (never had one before!).

No comments: