06 October 2009

Gopher this, gopher that

Yesterday,feeling a little bit like Noah, I found myself oiling the garden furniture (and the patio, and me) obviously in preparation for the monumental rain we've been experiencing since approximately 10 minutes after I finished. 48 hours of rain. Just enough to bring England to a halt, and its government to its knees.

Today is one of the busy days, just the sort where you really don't want to drive on the motorways in the rain. To school, back again to ice-skating. Back to school to pick up T, then to Wayzata for her Vision Therapy. Back to school. Home. 30 mins to make tea, then back to school again. Home, eat tea, off to ice-skating for T (unless she (oh please do!) throws a wobbly and refuses to go). Normally the free-way traffic will slow down by a good 10 miles an hour (a law, dontcha know). I did try to avoid it today, but no matter how hard I tried to fool the GPS, she was adamant I had to go the fast way.

At ice-skating I learnt that Laura last week broke her ankle in two places, and was just having the operation to put pins in. The coach said "I hope it hasn't put her off". The rest of us skated very tentatively indeed.

No comments: