11 October 2009

A distinct nip in the air



Great. The first snow the night before last. The last time this happened so early, the natives got snowed in for three days later on in the season. Thus forewarned, we joined the rest of the state in REI (the outdoor clothing company) to replenish the thermal wardrobe.

T asked last night if it would snow again. I said no, and she replied that yes, it was definitely going to snow. "No, really, it's not. Why do you think it is?" I asked. "Well, you're basing it on the weather forecast. I'm basing it on experience".

The raccoon is starting to look fluffier. We want to get a heated birdbath. Apparently it is urban myth that birds' wings freeze, and/or that if they land on a metal railing, and then fly off.....well, you probably get the picture. I asked at the bird sanctuary last week. I think I inadvertently provided the joke for the Christmas Speech this year.

No comments: