01 May 2009

The Right to Bare Arms

The more I think about it, the more I reckon the Second Amendment was in actual fact tentatively suggested by a dyslexic Minnesotan in the mistaken belief it may have guaranteed him a couple of warm days each year. Whatever, the day hit a heady 48 degrees, so I was out there in a t-shirt.

Last night I was awoken by gun-fire. Thought maybe it was fire-works, but nooooooo. I wouldn't have thought there would be that much huntin' around here. In fact, I overheard some sound advice in Famous Dave's the other night "...so I never hunt anything that can hunt me back.....".

Reassuringly though, the Connecticut Senate on Thursday approved a measure that would ban children under 16 years old from handling or shooting machine guns. Super.

I have had my permanent crown put in. He showed it me beforehand and it looked unnervingly (root-canal joke) like a real tooth, and put me in mind of where they used to get the teeth from for false sets during the 1800s. And it feels exactly like the old tooth - all the imperfections and everything - almost as if he'd whipped the old one out and just gave it a polish and popped it right back in again. I'd have the other one I need doing too - but unfortunately my insurance won't pay for it. Ya' in America now, Buddy!

No comments: