17 April 2009

Full Cavity Search

Alas, my age is now truly showing. And I am now the nervous possessor of my first crown. T was a little more optimistic than I about this news, not surprisingly for someone who wants to be a princess when she grows up.

It didn't hurt in the least, but I do not recommend the laughing gas. I would be dreadful in any night-club nowadays, as it took the dentist about 3 seconds to talk me into this (albeit, legal) drug. For anyone who's not tried it before, don't. It makes you feel tipsy, and not at all giggly. There was a time (about 19) when if you'd told me I could be flat on my back, drunk, in room full of strangers, and no-one would have tutted at me, I'd have looked from left to right, and leant forwards. Not nowadays.

I didn't like the way my mouth was propped open for 3.5 hours (except for 20 mins, when he said "We'll just give your mouth a rest now for a while", and they obviously all buggered off to lunch). I had video glasses (very Logan's Run, but without the need to top myself), so watched Shallow Hal, all the way through for the first time. I also wasn't too keen on hearing one of the nurses whisper to another "Well, she is English....".

Tomorrow we take possession of our stagiaire - the French girl who will be staying with us for the next 10 weeks. Worryingly, looking at her CV, I see she actually has more in common with bridgjo than I do (saxophone, tennis etc). Well, it'll improve his French.

No comments: