28 January 2009

Moving House...

No, not us - but here's a link which is distinctly Minnesotan:

http://www.startribune.com/local/38530692.html

We are expecting some snow tonight, so won't be going skating after school with T. Instead, I will be battening down the hatches, and baking (siege mentality starts to set in once in a while, when I see the weather forecast.

Although born with gingerish hair, T sometimes says things which perfectly demonstrate her genes (ie she is just like her dad).

She was watching me put on some face-cream this morning and in a very serious 'I am going to impart great wisdom here' look on her face said "Why do you bother buying that stuff, Mummy? It doesn't work, you know".

Do they talk together about me? Does he prime her in advance?

Admittedly, face-creams are my one big down-fall. Yes! I DO want 400x lashes! YES! I WANT to apply blue whale sperm and look 40 years younger! (now that just sounds weird) . YES, YES!! Please let me purchase a nail varnish that not only does not chip (GUARANTEED!!!!), but also can be used to highlight brows, and whisk away unwanted bikini-line.

No more. New Year's Resolution #536 (in progress) - I am going to use up ALL of the face-creams currently secreted away in various parts of the bathroom (expense looks less like that - this is very much a sly woman's trick). Although I won't be using the ones which give me spots, although I may persuade bridgjo to use them by suggestively leaving them in the vicinity of his toothbrush. Except maybe the foundation, as it is a bugger to get off the pillow-cases.

Not only will this save money, but also free-up about two drawers. No idea what I will keep there, mind. I'm running out of space in the kitchen, so maybe items not used that often like the cheese-grater, turkey baster and the collection of doilies. As the bathroom is the en-suite, this might be one thing to explain to the cleaner, should we ever get one.

No comments: