07 January 2009

How to tell when you love a child....

....when you change their pukey bedding 5 times in one night, whilst feeling distinctly queasy yourself.

Not that I actually own 5 changes of bedding. It was achieved by variously sluicing down the toilet, washing on hot, and using each of the guest bedrooms. They never tell you that on the NHS adverts for norovirus.

I succumbed yesterday, so spent the day in bed reading (I should do it more often. Plus there is the upside in that it is the only guaranteed diet). Three things I dislike about the publishing world:
  1. Books written in the present tense. This makes my ears itch. Can't be doing with it. Has anyone ever written a book entirely in the future tense? (Books in French do not count, as they are linguistically bonkers).
  2. Books with wonderful reviews on the back cover. Just not for that book.
  3. Books republished with a different title.
I went to the coffee shop with one of my Official New Best Friends today. She told me they got the Sheriff out as they thought they had a rabid raccoon in the back garden. Not for long...

New Year's Resolution #1: Always have mint tea out. It is far more "classy" than a latte and a third of the price.

No comments: