25 December 2008

Are you going to Whitby Fair?

Never thought I would ever hear myself say the words "Let's go to Whitby. It'll be warm there". And, indeed, it is. As I overheard someone say "It's so warm Ah could tak' off one of me cardies".

The first morning both T and bridgjo slept in until 10.30, giving me chance to pop into town to shop at Woolies, and have breakfast at Botham's. Woolies is looking sad and bedraggled - lots of Tupperware (TM) and office supplies. I suspect that this year, judging by the armfuls of stuff being marched purposely towards the checkout, that gifts were slightly less traditional ("A stapler? I wrote asking him for a pair of socks! Can he get nothing right?!").

I was woken this morning at two a.m. by a little voice by the side of my head (and in case you don't know, 5-year olds never wake you up with an apologetic cough and a whisper) asking "So, Mummy - whereabouts is Santa right now? And is Doctor Who on tonight?".

And a Merry Christmas to everyone!

No comments: