30 April 2010

No tengo dinero

The stagiaire got a bit sick the other night. It was two hours after I made mussels for the first time, but she, very "perfect house-guest"-y said it was a migraine. I had taken her to our book-club, and I think it was a little over-whelming, ie the way they all speak at once very, very LOUDLY and sometimes even use rude words. She said it was like Sex in The City without the shoes.

I've had a look at a couple of houses, but so far have been disappointed either by size or location. I'm not keen on the sitting-room in the basement idea, nor about having two bedrooms right next to the kitchen. I saw one today which was on the 11th tee of the golf-course. It was close enough to be a sort of two-stroke hazard, and only lacked one of those windmills going round over the entrance to the garage doors.

My Spanish is still enjoyable (in that I still go and don't yet make excuses for coffee instead). The other lady on the course said she likes it as it makes her live very much in the present, which is a good feeling, except at some stage I suppose we will also have to study the future, subjunctive and the past-imperfect.

No comments: